Friday, February 10, 2012

How to Quit Your Job and Work From Home - Is it Really Possible?

Everywhere you look on the internet these days there are people who proclaim that they are making serious money working from home. A few years ago I decided that I was going to do some 'in depth' research and see if these 'work from home' sites were real money making opportunities or simply scams.

Is it Possible to Quit Your Job and Work From Home?

The first thing that I wanted to do was to get past all of these sales pages that were simply marketing a business opportunity and talk to one of the people behind the web pages. This is turned out to be a much harder task than I was expecting. Almost all of the advertised online business opportunities were basically being marketed by ghosts. Few of the pages had contact details and the ones that did were simply plugged into auto responders. Eventually I found a few online marketers that were willing to talk. Let me introduce rule 1.

RULE 1: If You can't contact the person that is advertising the home business opportunity then don't waste your time

Finally I found a honest internet marketer who was happy to explain his business idea to me and let me in on a few of his secrets. Amazingly he was able to prove that he was in fact making a very good income from the comfort of his own home. He was basically using 3 strategies that revolved around Affiliate marketing.

After proving that it was possible to make a living working from home the next step was to find someone that would teach me step by step home to achieve my goals. This process was even harder than the first. Not because there was a lack of people offering to teach me - In fact it was the opposite problem. Every man and his dog has a small business opportunity that are are willing to share with you. Simply give them unlimited access to your credit card and away you go.

RULE 2: When finding someone that will educate you or help you it is vital that they will benefit from your success.

Why? Because this means that they will actually want you to succeed. Too often people sell you a product or education program for a big upfront fee and then walk away. Do they want you to succeed? They don't care because they have already made their money. In fact most of them want you to fail so that you will come back and buy part 2 of their 'work from home' education.

So did I find out 'How to Quit Your Job and Work from Home'? I found out that yes, it is possible but finding the right education at the right price can be almost impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment